Alright, so the question is, why is it important to invest in high velocity hurricane shutters if you live in an area. Sure, if you are shopping around for accordion storm shutters, you will see they aren’t cheap, but if you want to know how to prepare for hurricanes, they are really the first and one of the best steps.
- Most hurricanes last about ten days, but they can last weeks!
- There is a difference between a hurricane watch and a hurricane warning. The warning is given when the storm is expected to hit in the next 24 hours, whereas a watch happens when a hurricane is estimated to be between 24 and 36 hours away.
- Hurricane Katrina actually only ranked as the third deadliest hurricane to ever hit the united states.
- A hurricane can produce enough energy to run all of the lights in Las Vegas for years in just one day.
- Although most hurricanes actually form in the fall, the Atlantic hurricane season usually spans from the first of June until the end of November.